Chicken Satay Skewers are so delicious and I have been meaning to make it for a while. It’s also a very simple and easy recipe that I am sure even the most inexperienced cook could master. You only need two ingredients. Chicken and The Award Winning – Hov’s Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce.
In Southeast Asia, Chicken Satay Skewers is a popular street food. Our Award winning sauce, is creamy, peanuty and has a burst of zing. Just like eating a satay skewer in Southeast Asia.
Of course these can be made with pork, beef or tofu too! There are so many ways to make a good satay dish.
Let’s make some Chicken Satay Skewers ..
This is so easy, it’s ridiculous!
Get 4 chicken breasts and take off the skin. Cut the chicken into large bite size pieces and place into a large bowl.
Grab a bottle of Hov’s Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce and pour over the chicken and mix it through thoroughly.
Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
If you are using bamboo/wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 20 minutes so they don’t burn under the grill.
Get a large tray and place a wire rack over the tray – spray the wire rack with olive oil spray so the chicken doesn’t stick to it when it’s under the grill.
Grab the chicken out of the fridge. Thread 5 – 6 pieces of chicken to each skewer and place onto the wire rack.
With half of the left over Satay sauce from marinating the chicken, pour over the chicken skewers. Put them under the grill for 8 minutes. Take them out and turn them over with tongs, using the rest of the marinade pour over the chicken again and grill for a further 8 minutes.
If you have another bottle of Hov’s kitchens Peanut Satay, use some for a dipping sauce for the chicken skewers. Serve with an Asian salad or fried / steamed rice. It’s good with chopped peanuts and chopped spring onions too!
Satay Chicken Skewers
- 4 chicken breasts Cut into large bite size pieces
- 1 bottle of Hov's Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce
- Take any skin off the chicken breasts and throw it away. Then cut up the chicken into large bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken pieces and add a bottle of Hov's Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce and mix it thoroughly through.
- Cling wrap the bowl and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the grill on. Take the chicken out of the fridge and skewer about 5-6 pieces of chicken onto each skewer. (If you have wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in cold water for 20 minutes, so they don't burn under the grill)
- Place a wire rack over a large baking tray and spray the wire rack with olive oil spray.
- Place the chicken skewers on the wire rack and using half the left over Satay sauce that the chicken was marinating in – cover the chicken with the satay.
- Pop under the grill for 8 minutes, then take them out and turn them over – use the rest of the left over satay sauce and cover the chicken. Grill for a further 8 minutes.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice. Chopped peanuts and chopped spring onion.