It’s Meatless Monday! My whole family loves when I make this Delicious Bruschetta – pronounced Brew-sket-tah. It doesn’t take long and the flavours all match beautifully together. We eat so much that we have to sit down and undo the button on our pants!
For that extra bit of oomph, I add Hov’s Kitchens Chilli Oil to the mix. It’s not overly spicy, but gives it a bit of kick. The Aussie version and the Italian version, are not that much different. The Italians add olive oil and salt over their bruschetta as I add Balsamic vinegar. There are many different versions on what toppings to put on a good bruschetta, but I like to keep it simple.
Only a few ingredients are needed, takes no more than 5 minutes to make up the mix and then a few minutes under the grill. So simple, quick and turns out delicious.
Let’s make some Delicious Bruschetta …
Turn the grill on and line a large tray with baking paper. Set Aside. Grab your nice crusty bread stick and slice the whole stick on an angle. Lay each piece of bread on the baking sheet and with a pastry brush – brush both sides of each piece of bread with olive oil.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and with a spoon, scoop out the flesh. Put the flesh in the compost.
Chop finely the tomato skins and add to a large bowl. Chop the purple onion finely and add to the bowl, along with finely chopped basil a tsp of salt and Hov’s Kitchens Chilli Oil. Give it a good mix.
Grill the crusty bread each side for around 3 minutes or until they start to brown a little. Then take out and rub each piece of bread with a garlic clove.
Then top each piece of bread with your tomato mix and pour some balsamic vinegar over the top.
And that is it. Easy, simple and absolutely delicious.
Best bruschetta recipe
- 1 French Stick cut on an angle
- 8 – 10 Cherry Tomatoes flesh taken out
- 1/2 Purple onion Chopped finely
- 1/2 bunch basil chopped finely
- 1 tsp Hov's Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil For brushing
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Turn the grill on. Line a large tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Cut the French stick on an angle and set out on the tray.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the flesh, put the flesh in the compost. Chop the tomato skins and put into a large bowl.
- Chop half the purple onion finely and add to the bowl with the tomatoes.Chop the basil finely and add to the bowl.
- Add 1 tsp salt and chilli oil to the bowl and give it a good stir so everything is combined.
- Brush both sides of the french stick with olive oil.
- Grill each side for 3 minutes
- Once you take out the french stick – rub a garlic clove over each piece. Then top with the tomato mix and pour balsamic vinegar over the top.