Meatless Monday on a Tuesday! I was meant to put this up yesterday and totally got distracted. I made this yesterday for the vegan hubs and myself. This healthy vegan curry is under 400 calories and it’s filling and delicious.
Usually I would put chickpeas with this dish, however, this time I decided to put red kidney beans in the curry. The flavour really popped.
This healthy healthy vegan curry is so simple and easy to make. The kids will love this too!
Let’s make Healthy Vegan Curry …
In a large non stick fry pan add about 2 tbsp of Hov’s Kitchens Chilli Oil. Heat until the oil is hot and add the sliced onions and garlic. Fry them for around 3 minutes and then add the spices, chopped tomato and salt.
Cook for a few minutes and then add the lentils, coconut milk, eggplant and zucchini. Simmer for 15 minutes. Then after 15 minutes add the broccoli, beans, spinach and lemon juice – cook for a further 5 minutes.
You can serve this with rice, yogurt or some chopped coriander. I just had it on it’s own and the vegan hubs added rice.
Healthy Vegan Curry
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 can red kidney beans washed
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 eggplant cubed
- 1/2 zucchini cubed
- 1 tbsp Hov's Kitchens Chilli Oil
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Fry the onion and garlic in a Hov's Kitchens chilli oil for about 3 minutes. Add the spices and salt and add the eggplant and zucchini and lentils. Cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, beans, spinach and lemon juice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with chopped coriander and yogurt.