Living in Victoria isn’t an easy feat in 2020, we’ve spent half the year in lockdown. My house has never been so clean! After spending another day cleaning, I just wanted something very simple and easy for dinner. Well in all honesty, that’s what I want most nights! Living with two fussy adult children and a vegan husband, my kitchen is like a busy restaurant! Meatball Sub = easy, will get eaten and delicious too!
Meatballs are simple and quick to make. No fussing about, just ball up – bake and then add to Hov’s Kitchen Napoli sauce. You seriously can’t beat a good meatball sub.
Let’s Make a Meatball Sub..
Get your beef and pork mince and put it in a large bowl. Add the onions, garlic, seasoning, paprika, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. With clean hands mix it together until it is well combined.
Make a well in the middle of the meat mixture and add the egg and with your hands, mix together until well combined.
Turn the oven on and line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll each meatball to about the size of a walnut and place of the tray.
Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, take them out and flip them over and bake for a further 10 minutes. Take them out and set aside.
Turn the grill on. In a non stick fry pan add Hov’s Kitchens Napoli Sauce and heat for a few minutes. Once the sauce is hot add the meatballs. Cover the meatballs in the sauce.
Slice your rolls down the middle and add about 3-4 meatballs to each roll. Cover with some more pasta sauce and top with the mozzarella cheese. Then pop under the grill until the cheese has melted.
Serve on their own or with a side salad or a side of hot chips. My kids of course went with the hot chips, I went the salad haha.
- 250 g beef mince
- 250 g Pork mince
- 1 large onion peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg slightly whisked
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp parsley finely chopped
- 4 Long Rolls
- 1 jar Hov's Kitchen Napoli Pasta Sauce
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, add the minced beef and pork, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, paprika, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs. With clean hands, thoroughly mix together.
- Make a well in the centre of the mince mix and add the egg. Again with clean hands, thoroughly mix together until well combined.
- Turn the oven onto 200C or 180C if you are using fan forced.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- With your hands, grab a bit of the meatball mixture and roll into meatballs, about the size of a walnut. Lay them onto the tray with baking paper.
- Once you have rolled all the meat balls – cook in the oven for 10 minutes – then take out, flip them over and further bake for another 10 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Heat Hov's Kitchen Napoli pasta sauce in a large saucepan and add the cooked meatballs. Once they are heated and covered in the sauce – take off the heat.
- Put the grill on
- Slice your rolls down the middle and add about 3-4 meatballs to each roll. Cover with some more pasta sauce and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Put under the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a side of hot chips ..