It’s Tuesday, and this meal is not meatless. Stuffed eggplant is a delicious healthy dinner especially when you are watching the calories. This can be made into a meatless Monday dinner just by adding Vegan mince instead of beef mince.
I haven’t been too well and my mojo for cooking has taken a back step as of late. I really also want to get back to work, but living in Victoria, who knows when we will be allowed to do that!
In other news, I have had to put myself on a healthy eating plan, in lockdown I have gained a few kgs and my clothes are tight! So for the next few weeks, the recipes will be healthy, high in protein and low in carbs.
This stuffed eggplant I must say is absolutely delicious though! I ate this last night and have enough left over and will be having it again tonight for dinner. I’m making the kids pasta with the left over Hov’s Kitchens Garden Vegetable Pasta Sauce.
Let’s make some stuffed eggplant..
This will serve 4 people, if you only want it to serve 2, then halve the ingredients.
First preheat the oven to 220C if using fan-forced then 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside for the moment.
Slice the eggplants in half lengthways, using your knife score the eggplant flesh and then scoop out with a spoon. Toss the flesh straight into a non stick frying pan.
Put the eggplant shells on the baking tray and pop into the oven, bake for around 15 minutes. Whilst the eggplants are doing it’s thing in the oven, fry the flesh in a bit of oil until it begins to soften. Then add the mince and cook for around 8-10 minutes.
Once the meat has broken down, add Hov’s Kitchens Garden Vegetable Sauce and the Cajun spice mix. Stir for a minute or so and then add the kidney beans and 1 cup of water. Cook on a low heat for around 8 minutes.
Once you take the eggplant shell out of the oven, place on a plate and equally fill the eggplants with the mixture. Add the chopped avocado to the top.
Serve with a salad.
- 2 Eggplants
- Olive oil Spray
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 4 tbsp Hov's Kitchens Garden Veg Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice seasoning
- 400 g Red Kidney Beans (canned)
- 1 Avocado chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan-forced).Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthways and take out the flesh. (Score with a knife and scoop out with a spoon) and put the scooped out flesh into a non stick fry pan.
- Place the eggplant shells on the baking paper and spray with olive oil spray. Lightly season with salt and pepper and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Fry the eggplant flesh in the frypan with a bit of oil, once it begins to soften add the beef mince. Cook for around 10 minutes. Then add Hov's Kitchens Garden Veg sauce, the Cajun spice and 1 cup of water. Stir for around a minute and then add the red kidney beans. Cook on a low heat for around 8 minutes.
- Once you take the eggplant shell out of the oven, place on a plate and equally fill the eggplants with the mixture. Add the chopped avocado to the top. Serve with a salad.