It’s that time of the week again. Meatless Monday! I love nuggets so I thought I would make a ‘meatless’ vegan ‘chicken’ nugget to snack on. These are actually quite filling and instead of a snack, could be used easily as a meal.
These are delicious, crispy and crunchy. Vegans and non vegans alike, will love these nuggets. The kids will love these too.
These Vegan ‘Chicken’ Nuggets are not hard to make and don’t take long. I used Hov’s Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce to give it a nice satay flavour through the nugget. Then used the satay sauce as a dip. YUM ..
For the nuggets, get your ingredients ready. You will need rolled oats, cooked chickpeas (Fresh or canned, doesn’t matter), an onion, some garlic cloves. Then your spices – paprika, cumin, salt/pepper, nutritional yeast and of course Hov’s Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce.
Panko breadcrumbs, cornflakes and cashew milk. That’s it. Easy!
Let’s make nuggets ..
Get out your food processor. Turn the oven on to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the crushed cornflakes and Panko breadcrumbs onto the tray and cook for 3-4 minutes. Take out and set aside for later.
Add the onion, garlic, oats to the food processor and whiz until it’s crumbly. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and give it more of a whiz until it all comes together. (Do not add the breadcrumbs or Cashew milk)
Divide the mixture into 24 nuggets, then coat with the cashew milk and roll into the crumb mixture. Lay the nuggets on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes – just so they hold together.
After being in the oven for 10 minutes, take them out and pop them into the air fryer for a further 10 minutes to make this crispy and crunchy. Serve with Hov’s Kitchens Peanut Satay ..
Vegan ‘Chicken’ Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oars
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (chickpeas in a can is fine)
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Hov's Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce (more for dipping)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Cornflakes Crushed
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- Turn the oven on 180C
- Crush the cornflakes or put them in the processor to make a nice crumb
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Add the cornflake crumbs and Panko breadcrumbs out and cook for around 3-4 minutes. Set aside
- In a food processor add the onion, garlic, oats and give it a whiz until it's crumbly. Add the rest of the ingredients to processor and whiz until you have a nice smooth mix. (Do not add the breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs)
- Divide the chickpea mixture into 24 nuggets. Coat with the cashew milk and then roll in the crumb mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then take them out and put them in the air fryer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with Hov's Kitchens Peanut Satay Sauce.