Yes – It’s that time of the week again. Meatless Monday! To be honest, I am struggling with being tired today, so I just wanted something that was extremely easy and something I didn’t have to put a lot of effort into. Vegan lemon, spinach and pesto pasta ticked all those boxes. And it has the added bonus of being very morish too!
It’s so handy to have Hov’s Kitchens pasta sauces in the pantry for days like these when you really want something that is simple, quick but yet delicious for dinner and you don’t have a lot of time to prepare a meal. The sauces are also gluten free, vegan and low in sugar and salt. I make them fresh with all Australian ingredients too. So you know, that the sauces are 100% Australian made and homemade and not in some factory.
Let’s make some Vegan Lemon, Spinach & Pesto Pasta!
You only need a few ingredients for this one, which is always a bonus. A tablespoon of lemon juice, 250g of baby spinach leaves. One onion sliced, 4 (I love garlic – you can always use less) garlic cloves minced. A jar of Hov’s Kitchens Basil Pesto Style Pasta Sauce and some pasta.
Cook the pasta to the directions on the packet – whilst the pasta is on the boil, heat up a tbsp of olive oil in a pan. When the oil is hot add the sliced onions and cook until they have softened, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Once the onion and garlic have softened, add the lemon juice and give it a stir. Then add Hov’s Kitchens Basil Pesto Style Pasta Sauce and the spinach. Cook on medium heat until the sauce is hot and the spinach has wilted.
Once your pasta is ready, drain it and add it to a large bowl, pour the heated sauce through it and give it a good mix.
That’s it – it’s ready for serving. You can have the Vegan lemon, spinach and pesto pasta on it’s own or accompanied with a nice salad. It would also be really nice with some roasted pine nuts on top too!
Vegan Lemon, Spinach and Pesto Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Jar of Hov's Kitchens Pesto Style Pasta Sauce
- 250g Spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Onion sliced thin
- 4 garlic minced
- 350g Pasta of your choice (I used vegetable spirals)
- In a large pot, boil water with 1/2 tsp salt – when the water is boiled add your pasta and cook to directions on the packet
- In a non-stick pan, add the olive oil and when hot, add your sliced onions. Turn the heat to medium and cook until the onions have softened. Add the garlic and cook with the onions for 2 or 3 minutes. Add Lemon Juice.
- To the onions and garlic, add a jar of Hov's Kitchens Pesto Style Pasta sauce and give it a good stir. Add the spinach and cook until spinach has wilted and sauce is hot.
- Drain the pasta when it has cooked and put the pasta into a large dish. Stir through the sauce mixture.
- Serve on it's own or with a nice side salad.